Things to see and do around Karumba
- Fishing ChartersThere are several fishing charter operators to choose from including those specialising in Barramundi Charters—Check your room information books and we can assist with bookings
- River CruisesSunset, Birdwatching, Croc n Crab and special occasions, events or functions. We can assist with information and to help in making bookings.
- Bird Watching and PhotographyAll year round there are opportunities and seasonal changes with migratory, savannah, marine, birds of prey and more.
- Barramundi Discovery CentreOperates tours at various times and is well worth a visit—this is a working Barramundi Hatchery focusing on supplying fish to various restocking groups across the Gulf area—fish for a fishing future!
- Karumba Walking TrackJoining Karumba Point to Karumba town approx 3.5km long—passing through marine salt/flood plains and over mangrove/marine creeks—additional information is available at the Karumba Visitor Information Centre
Some 30 interpretive heritage/history signs are now in place in and around Karumba and Karumba Point areas— the Karumba Visitor Information Centre has location maps
- Bowls, Golf and the Karumba Recreation ClubThere are social bowls activities throughout the year and golf tournaments on Thursday and Sunday mornings through the year—everyone is welcome. There are honesty boxes for golf and bowls outside these times and golf clubs/buggies are available for hire. This is a not for profit community operated club